Tuesday, February 05, 2008

this, that and grapes...

Not much going on here. On day 8 of stims. I go tomorrow for my cd10 sono and another E2 level. I had my estrogen drawn on Sunday and josh answered the phone when they called with the results. He thinks they said 40.1 or it could have been 140.1, either way that seems really low to me. Being a newbie to all this E2 stuff I called on Dr. Google for all my answers. Most of what I found said 100-200 per follicle. So neither of those numbers (40.1, 140.1) are very good. Seeing as how I would like more than one mature follicle. But alas, questions will be answered tomorrow when I have the sono. Praying the ovaries are doing their job!!

So the diet hasn't been going great lately!! But on my forum I have a Weight Loss Buddy that I have to be honest with so that is helping. Yesterday I started a strict no carb diet, which if I do get pg I hope to continue throughout the pregnancy. Doing all I can to avoid gestational diabetes!! Anywho, trying to do better on the diet and doing yoga everyday. I just bought two new yoga DVD's. I love yoga but my gym only has 2 times that are convenient for me, so now I can do it at home everyday!!

Speaking of diet. I am trying to eat more fruit. I really like fruit but I'm lazy and most of it requires some form of cutting. But grapes don't and boy are they yummy. I am having some for my afternoon snack. They are like little balls of sugar!!!!

3 comments:

Kathy V said...

Sometimes the grocery store will sell precut apples. The only problem is that it can get expensive. Sometimes they have those little precut fruit trays too. My problem with those though is that I only like half of the fruit in them. Even if you get a big one, then you can split them into smaller bags to last afew days. Grapes are very yummy. Canned fruit can be good too and some brands come in personal serving sizes.

Mel said...

Surely it was 140. My last E2 on CD10 with my estrogen supplements was mid 400's I think, but I know I was on a LOT of hormone replacement.
I hate diets. I feel for you. I struggle big time with carbs. Fruit is the best, though. I buy a whole pineapple every week and cut it in to a million pieces-it is a lot of work but darn is it tasty!
Wishing you luck this cycle!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the stims! Have you tried frozen grapes or blueberries yet? They are some of my favorite things.

My understanding is that many RE's want your E2 level to be 100-200 when they trigger you- not more than that, since you have PCOS. But it also depends on the size of the follicles.

All the best to you! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm rooting for you!

Dot