It's funny to me how peoples perspective changes when going through different times of life. I have read many blogs where an IFer has gone on to have a baby and said that their struggle was all worth it. I believed this in my own life. I mean I had to believe that this would be the case or there was no reason to continue the rollercoaster. But it was hard to fathom ever being on the other side.
But as I type this the 3 years I spent struggling with IF seems like a lifetime ago. Even though this baby is not here safe and sound yet, the hope and dreams I have for him and the hopes and dreams he is filling have overshadowed all of that pain and suffering. It's amazing to me really how different life can be in a few short months. I remember being so hopeless less than 7 months ago.
25wks today and still amazed at how far we have come. Only 15wks to go. It's so funny how these last 15 wks feel like such a short time because there is so much to do. But those first 13 wks felt like a life time. Another change in perspective I guess.
4 comments:
I am so amazed that God gives us 40 weeks to feel all these feelings and have all these thoughts. He is so amazing, isn't he?
I am so glad, and so inspired, that you are here at 25 weeks.
*hugs*
It brings tears to my eyes to read this post because I remember being in those times with you where I was hoping and praying for a baby for you sometime soon, feeling hopeful but hopeless at the same time. And when you're in that moment, that's all you can see and it doesn't seem like things will ever change. But then in the course of a few short weeks of treatments, all those months of toil were put to an end. Life changes so quickly, and it really reminds me to seize each day, even the bad ones, for God's glory. I love you, Rian!
It is amazing to see the changes we go through not only physically but emotionally also. For me I was paranoid the first 11 weeks. Then things eased up a bit. Now it is hard to believe we have reached the 25 week milestone. The finish line is in sight and it will be here for both of us before we know it.
I think God is so good to walk us through the things He does. I'll have to wait a long time to see my 'gold at the end of my rainbow', but, like you, I have to believe it's going to be all He says it will for those who love Him and are called His. These roads on the mountain journey keep us needing Him more. Let's not EVER forget that. Love you guys bunches and more!
Post a Comment