Monday, July 31, 2006

RETURN OF THE CHIPPY DOG

So finally he is home. He is so cute and adorable. He did his commands really well for the training lady. He does them ok for us as long as he is in the house. He is not good with distractions though. So we will have to work on that. He is already signed up to go back next Sat for a refresher course. One thing that I have noticed is how calm he is. It is truly amazing. He actually slept with us last night (I know we need to show him who the alpha is but I am weak sometimes) and he actually slept. Usually he would get in the bed and move and lick and bite. But not this time. I was so proud. And when we are not paying attention to him he just goes and lays down. It was definately worth the two weeks apart for him to be a calmer dog.

Nothing else new. My dog is the only exciting thing in my life. Sad but true!! :P

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Chip could come over and teach Cocoa a few things.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I did an obedience class with Bear, and that's how we trained him. I'm glad that your Chipper-dog is calmer now- and that you finally got him back! Y'all should come over and see our dog! And its' ok that your dog's the only exciting thing your life, Rian. We tell our dog he's cute AT LEAST 50 times a day. (Not much exaggeration either.) I call it 'dog syndrome'. (jk)

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Cocoa or Chip, but Bear really gets the award for best dog. How many dogs do you know that will sing "Happy Birthday"?

Anonymous said...

I am sooo proud of my grandog! Chip is very smart, and, I might add, goodlooking! I am glad he is calmer. It is easier to enjoy him when he is calm. Give him a hug for me. Mom

becki said...

I love dogs!

Anonymous said...

Yes. He howls with us when we sing 'Happy Birthday'. If you even say the words Happy Birthday, he starts whining. We call ppl and sing happy birthday to them, so he now knows that when the we bring out the phone, it's showtime. When's your b-day? We'll call you.

Anonymous said...

Yayness! Bear gets award for best dog! BTW, have any of y'all seen the dog whisperer? He's on the National geographic channel. He's really good. Every dog owner should watch it. I recommend at least 10 episodes. By watching it, i found out that there were some things we could probably do better with Bear. Seriously. Go watch it. It's good.