Saturday, September 01, 2007

Chemical pregnancy...

Those are just some not so fancy words for a really early miscarriage. So I went in for my beta and it was 4.78 and anything under 5 is non viable. She wants me to come back in on sunday for another beta, but i hate to spend another $85 for a blood test. Af hasn't shown yet since I was on the progesterone, but I expect the bleeding to start any day now. Life just keeps getting better and better. So almost three years and 4 miscarriages later this is who I am. An infertile who miscarries and no on knows why because all testing comes back normal. Where do i go from here???

Ok now i really don't know what to do with my life. Should I just give up and move on? It seems the odds are stacked against me. I found this little snippet that takes all of my hope away.

If you have had three pregnancies and three miscarriages there is a 60% chance you will miscarry again. If you have had four miscarriages with no live births your chances of a healthy pregnancy drop to 0-5%.

10 comments:

Catherine said...

First...shit! I'm sorry!

Second, pay NO attention to statistics. Seriously. Do what your heart tells you to do.

Janna said...

Oh, I'm so, so sorry. I just can't believe it! I agree with catherine...pay not attention to the statistics. You have to listen to your heart. If it's telling you to quit, then spend some time really thinking and praying about that decision. But if your heart is telling you to keep going I say keep going. I know this is such a hard decision to make...you can't listen to everyone around you. You have to do what's best for you and your hubby. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Sunny said...

I am so sorry. HUGS!

Sharee said...

Before you lose hope ...
shoot me an email ... there are a few things I've been wanting to share with you as I've watched your journey.

It can change your perspective, and your life.

momax3angels@yahoo.com

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so sorry, sweetie. I agree, pay no attention to statistics.

Anonymous said...

First of all....I am so sorry to hear that and kinda felt something was up on saturday but honestly didn't have the heart to bring it up...don't loose heart....

Second...my sister in law has a friend who had been trying for ohhh about 7 years to get pregnant only to find out she had unviable eggs. She had a 1% chance of getting pregnant. Well, she is now 5 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy!! The Lord is faithful!!

Have faith dear child...He wants ALL your dreams to come true! We just have to have the patience to wait on His precious timing.

B

Bea said...

But - if you have no medical reason for your miscarriages, the chances of you carrying to term next pregnancy are about the same as anyone else. (See SIVF recurrent m/c unit page here.)

Now, I don't know if this helps you or if you would rather pack it in so you just don't want to know. But it *is* possible to just be damned unlucky. Damned, damned unlucky. So you choose your path depending on what you think you're ready for.

Bea

Kristen said...

Oh, sweetie, I'm so so sorry. XOXO

I have also questioned the statistics to whether I should try again. It is natural to want to know the odds. But all I know is that I'm not ready to give up yet. I still have some fight in me left. So, yes, I have a 40% chance of losing the next baby but I am pushing forward and hoping for the best.

I am in your corner of the ring, cheering you on no matter what you should decide. I am thinking of you, and if you ever need anything, please feel free to email me and vent.

Joy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other commenters. I don't want to be an annoying cheerleader, but it is true. That statistic is based on no change. If they can find out why this keeps happenings, they can treat it, and your number goes back up.

andrea_jennine said...

I'm so sorry.