Monday, January 14, 2008

I finally did it...

I GOT INKED!!! Yup that's right, I got a tattoo. How crazy am I?!? Beth and I have been talking about getting one for a few months now and we finally took the plunge and got matching tattoos. And no we aren't freshman suitemates!!! We are almost 30 and needed to do something to outwardly show all the suffering and pain we have been through!!! When people see the tat they will ask us about it and it will foster conversation about infertility and pregnancy loss.

So we both got crosses with a halo on top. The cross is to remind us that Christ died for us and our lifes purpose is to bring Him glory. The halo is to represent all that we have waiting for us in heaven. My 4 little ones and Beth's 3 little ones up there playing together watching over their mommies!!

So here's the proof

This is Jessica. She did Beth's. My guy, Jimmy, was out on a smoke break I think!!! This was Jessica's first day at this particular palor. She just moved to tx from ny.

Here it is right after. All covered in goo and wrapped in plastic wrap!!


And here it is today. It seems to be healing really well. It never bled. It only hurts a little, usually when I put the goo on it. I have to go back in 30 days to see if it needs any touch ups and I may be getting number 2 then!!!

13 comments:

Jennjilla said...

Awesome! I love it! Still, it looks like it hurts - I'm so afraid of needles!!!

What will the second tat be of?

Michael said...

If I were to guess which of my friends would have gotten a tattoo, I wouldn't have chosen you. It looks good though, and it has a good message. Go Rian!

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I can't believe it! Awesome! Mine is healing well too...that is until I went and played three hours of volleyball last night! What was I thinking?! It is super sore today and still a little pink.

You must allow me to tag along with you for number 2! I won't be ready but want to go with yoU!

Yours looks good!!

Thanks for doing that with me. I couldn't think of a better person to share that expierence with. Now we're liked L-"inked" forever!! Okay...maybe we are freshman suitemates! hahahha!

becki said...

ha ha ha! I love it! you're awesome Rian and it's so cool! maybe i can get an owl on my wrist now, too! :) Probably not as cool a meaning behind it, but you know.......

love you!!

Anonymous said...

I love them and I love where you put it!!! I got one at 18 and waited a few years and now at 30 I have 11, yeah I'm addicted. There is just something about getting pain that you control and having a wonderful meaningful piece of art when it's done. It's thereputic.

Kathy V said...

My husband thinks I shoulg get one but there is nothing I could think of that I want permanently on my skin. I like the idea of remembering our angel and striking up a conversation about IF. Yours looks good and I like that it is small yet powerful. Maybe I will have to more seriously consider gettin one.

Josh said...

I think you rock, lady! I'm proud of all the growth that I have seen in you the past few years, and can't wait to see what comes next.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so awesome! Great meaning and tasteful too... Something that will look great over the years:-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love it. This was a total surprise! I can't wait to see it in person.

Janna said...

LOVE IT!!!!! What a great way to memorialize your little ones!!!

fragilemom said...

Can you talk Jim into letting me get one? Maybe a big "X" somewhere! Okay, maybe a small "x". Let's work on him.

Amber said...

Rian - I love it!! I am considering one - where did you get it done? Love the symbolism of it too! hugs!

KLTTX said...

Cool tat! I have heard once you get one, you can't stop there.

KLT