Thursday, March 06, 2008

Musings for today...

So today I am 4wks and 6days, which basically means way early still!!! What I find so odd is that I am having a ton of symptoms already. I didn't even have this many when I went 10.5 weeks. Some of them are very odd so here ya go...
  • Reflux. I actually noticed this before I got a positive. It is not constant, thank the Lord but I am having it much more often than before.
  • Hungry all the time, but I don't eat very much when I do eat. But then I have to take 2 prenatals, met, aspirin and now extra calcium. So by the time I drink all that water I feel like crap.
  • Can I be anymore tired? I know the answer to this is yes. When baby comes and I never get any sleep I will be wishing for these days back. But seriously I am exhausted always. I am completely unproductive and my poor josh has been doing double duty.
  • I officially can not brush my teeth. It's not the toothpaste because I have tried different flavors. I think my gag reflex is super sensitive and when I get towards my back teeth it's over. I am fighting through it though. I don't want my teeth falling out or people falling down because of my breath.
  • The smell of hot tap water makes me sick! Seriously, I have no idea why but I can't stand the smell and this is making showers very interesting. I can even taste it when I get out. Josh and I have talked about putting a filter on the shower. I am just hoping this won't last the whole pregnancy.

__________________________________________________________

I had a dream about our first ultrasound. It was actually a good dream. Much more optimistic than I feel like I am in my awake life. In the dream the u/s went well. There was one baby in there. We couldn't get a hb but i said to the dr that was ok because the baby was moving around a lot so I knew it was ok. It was just an odd dream and I am praying that the real u/s goes even better.

________________________________________________________

The other day I caught myself saying something I shouldn't have. Josh was talking about telling his co-workers we were pg. And I said "So when we lose this one you will have to tell them that too". I couldn't believe I said it, and josh just kinda starred at me. I think that was my true feelings coming out. Feelings that I fight everyday. My heart wonders why this will be any different. But I try to remind myself over and over that it is different. And that I am doing so much more this time to keep this baby around.

_________________________________________________________

I have been doing somethings that I know a lot of you would say is foolish. But I don't truly believe that anything I do will jinx this pregnancy. So I have been enjoying myself. Josh and I have already looked and picked out baby furniture. I have already bought a few outfits. And I love walking through the baby departments again. I am going to enjoy this to the fullest. This is what naive pregnant women do so I'm gonna too!!

_________________________________________________________

Only 4 more days until our first peak at baby(ies). We have only told our parents and closest friends. Once we see the hb we will be telling a few more people. Not a lot. I have only told one person at work, so I will tell the others. Most people that are out on the fringe won't find out until 12wks.

9 comments:

Mazzy said...

Your positivity is beautiful. I pray that this pregnancy continues to go well and can't wait to hear for the update.

Michael said...

I'm so encouraged that you're not afraid to jinx anything. There's no such thing as a jinx! I can imagine it would be hard though to not get trapped into that way of thinking.

I am hoping and praying for good things for you guys. I'm so happy to hear that things are going well.

Jennjilla said...

Sounds like you're prego for sure! And yes, you can be more tired...but, it is different once the baby/ies get here. The first trimester I was BONE tired, it was pure exhaustion. I was super tired after Sawyer was born, but not like those first few weeks. It was probably a blessing that I was out of work during that time because I needed to sleep so much.

Sounds like you're getting "dog nose" - what I called pregnancy nose. I could smell things I didn't even know existed!

Ms. J said...

Everything you are experiencing and thinking sounds very normal, considering all you have been through. I think it's a very good sign that, little by little, you are letting Hope back in. Just a bit here and there, as much as you are comfortable feeling AND acknowledging . . . that sounds like a good plan.

Kathy V said...

I hear you loud and clear on some of the symptoms. I fell asleep during American Idol last night and that is 8:00 est. I probably haven't been asleep by 8:00 since I was a toddler. I haven't told anyone yet but dh would like to. Good luck on the ultrasound next week.

Janna said...

Holy cow!!! Congratulations!!!!! Hoping and praying that little in there is growing stronger and stronger each day!!! And yea for all those symptoms!!!!

Ms. J said...

I was thinking about your aversion to tap water (esp. when in the bathroom) . . . does your water have a sulfur smell (however faint)? I have one of those noses that can smell things from miles away, and notice this occasionally at other people's homes. Yes, get the filter on, maybe that will help. Another suggestion . . . maybe some of those aromatherapy items, such as the Glade plug-ins, or strong potpourri?! Really, ANYTHING that you find pleasant and is strong enough to help re-direct your sense of smell. Good luck!

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello there,

I found your blog while I was searching for " moody person" articles...

I am sorry to know that you've lost 4 children already, but God is great and he had sustained you with the 5th pregnancy...

I am hoping that this coming baby will worth all your sufferings along with your husband's ...

Greetings from Iraq to you ^_^


Marsho

Kathy V said...

Good Luck on the ultrasound tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.