Wednesday, March 06, 2013

I don't know how to be ok...

I am constantly feeling pressured to just be "ok".  Now whether this is coming from my mind or society I'm not really sure.  But the problem is that I don't know how to be ok, I don't know how to be happy. 

I just want to scream at people that what has happened to my life IS A BIG FREAKIN DEAL.  I want them to understand how huge it is...at least to me anyways.  I feel like I'm the only person who has a problem with being told they can have no more children. 

I truly do want to be ok.  I want to be 100% happy with my life.  I want to not constantly think about the other children I wish I had.  I don't want to constantly think about Kai being an only child, and what if something happened to him and then I would have none.  This is what my brain does and I can't stop it.  I can't stop thinking of what I wanted...what I can't have.  I feel incomplete, my family feels incomplete.  I try to put on the brave face and go through baby stuff and sell it because I don't need it anymore but it's killing me inside. 

I look at Kai and he is just so freaking awesome and I want more of that.  I want other little josh and rians running around.  I want Kai to have someone to play with.  I want so many things...and I just don't know how to stop wanting.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Have you thought about counseling? Of course it won't change the situation, but it may give you some tools for dealing with it. I hope you are able to get peace back in your life!

Anonymous said...

That is exactly how I feel. Thank you for being brave enough to say it. I feel guilty for feeling the way I do. And counseling probably won't fill the hole in my heart.